The INS-DM model is the result of over 20 years of Inertial Labs’ experience in developing & supplying INS solutions to land, marine & aerial platforms around the world
The Inertial Labs GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation System (INS-DM) is the latest version of Inertial Navigation System, developed by Inertial Labs.
This system, the INS-DM, is an IP68 rated version of an all-new generation of super ruggedized, shielded from the EMC/EMI, fully-integrated, combined Inertial Navigation System (INS) + Attitude & Heading Reference System (AHRS) + Air Data Computer (ADC) high-performance strapdown system, that determines position, velocity and absolute orientation (Heading, Pitch and Roll) for any device on which it is mounted. Horizontal and Vertical Position, Velocity and Orientation are determined with high accuracy for both motionless and dynamic applications.
The Inertial Labs INS-DM can support multiple types of MEMS Inertial Measurement Units (IMU) developed by Inertial Labs. Additionally, the INS-DM supports other IMU’s, like the Honeywell HG4930. The INS-DM also utilizes different multi constellation (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS and BEIDOU) GNSS receivers like Novatel OEM7 series or the u-blox F9 series.
The design of the INS-DM also includes an optional Air Data Computer (ADC), supported by two Honeywell barometric sensors, and the ability to support an internal Fluxgate or external Stand-Alone Magnetic Compass (SAMC). The INS-DM contains Inertial Labs new on-board sensor fusion filter, state of the art navigation and guidance algorithms, and calibration software.
KEY FEATURES, BENEFITS & FUNCTIONALITY
- Commercially exportable GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation System
- 3-in-1 Strapdown System: INS + AHRS + ADC (Air Data Computer)
- Embedded industrial, tactical, or navigation grade Honeywell or Inertial Labs MEMS Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
- Novatel OEM7 or u-blox ZED-F9P F9 high precision GNSS receiver
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU, QZSS, RTK supported signals
- Total and static pressure sensors for calculating indicated airspeed
- SP, SBAS, DGPS, RTK and PPP corrections supported for precise real time operation
- GNSS measurements and IMU raw data for post processing
- Advanced, extendable (based on application), embedded Kalman Filter based sensor fusion algorithms
- State-of-the-art algorithms for different dynamic motions of helicopters, UAV’s, marine vessels, and ground vehicles
- Full temperature calibration of all sensing elements
- EMC, EMI and ERD protection (MIL-STD-1275)
- Environmentally sealed (IP68)
- Aiding data: Wind sensor, Air Speed Sensor, Doppler shift from locator (for long-term GPS denied), External position and External Heading