Timing Solution Supports Secure IEEE 1588 Synchronization & Helps Accelerate 5G Fronthaul Deployment
SiTime Corporation will provide its Precision Timing Solutions to Lattice Semiconductor, the low power programmable leader. The SiTime devices, a Cascade MEMS-based Clock-System-on-a-Chip (ClkSoC) and an Emerald OCXO or Elite X™ Super-TCXO®, are incorporated into Lattice’s new synchronization hardware development platform.
“At Lattice, delivering customer-centric, power-efficient FPGA innovation with flexibility, scalability, and security is a top priority,” said Matt Dobrodziej, Vice President of Segment Marketing and Business Development, Lattice Semiconductor. “We are excited to further strengthen our partner ecosystem with this collaboration with SiTime to demonstrate the precision timing capabilities of the Lattice FPGA solutions. This innovation will enable our customers with more ways to develop and deploy low latency, secure, and synchronized solutions powered by our industry-leading FPGA technology.”
“Lattice and SiTime share a common objective – using the power of programmability to solve customer problems and accelerate network deployment,” said Lionel Bonnot, EVP Worldwide Sales and Business Development at SiTime. “Higher speeds, lower latency and distributed computing are driving new deployment architectures where equipment is subjected to environmental stressors such as shock, vibration, and temperature changes. These deployments require a new timing technology paradigm, and SiTime delivers.”
Key features of the Cascade SiT95141 Clock-System-on-Chip Family
- Integrated MEMS resonator, enabling designers to create a clock-system-on-chip and eliminate quality and reliability issues associated with traditional quartz-based clocks
- 4 PLLs (clock domains) and 11 outputs
- DCO mode with 0.005-ppb resolution
- 4 inputs, up to 10 outputs
- Wide frequency range from 8 kHz to 2.1 GHz
- Support for IEEE 1588, ITU-T G.8262.1 and JESD204B
- Rich set of programmable features in a small 9 x 9 mm package
SiTime’s precision timing solutions are available on the SiTimeDirect store for shipment in as fast as 48 hours.