oneNav announced the commercial availability of its pureL5 GNSS digital IP core. The pureL5 digital IP core’s breakthrough architecture enables it to directly acquire and track L5 signals from GPS, Galileo, BeiDou, QZSS and GLONASS without any L1 aiding. This eliminates the entire L1 RF chain, saves PCB area and simplifies the RF front end and antenna subsystem in smartphones, wearables and trackers. The pureL5 digital IP core’s massively parallel array processor searches the entire 1 millisecond L5 code space in parallel, delivering 1 second TTFFs. The pureL5TM digital IP core is only 0.28mm2 in the 3nm semiconductor process, and consumes only 4.7mW of power in 1Hz tracking mode.
oneNav has delivered the pureL5 digital IP core RTL to its first SOC customer. IP core RTL verification and physical implementation are complete, and oneNav’s SOC licensee will tape out in Q1, 2022. The pureL5 digital IP core RTL is available for customer licensing and shipment now.
oneNav’s pureL5 Customer Evaluation System (CES) is currently being tested by companies in California and China. The CES is available for smartphone and wearables OEMs and SOC providers who want to evaluate oneNav’s pureL5 in the field and the lab. Please contact oneNav to learn more about the CES Program.
Single frequency L5 GNSS with competitive TTFF, power and size has never been achieved before now. oneNav has broken this barrier.
pureL5TM GNSS—all the benefits of high performance, next generation L5 in a single frequency L5 receiver
- Smaller footprint than L1+L5 hybrids, simplifying implementation in highly space-constrained devices like 5G smartphones and wearables
- Lowers BOM cost and simplifies the RF front end and antenna subsystem by eliminating the entire L1 RF chain
- No L1 aiding required—directly acquires L5/E5/B2 with 1 second TTFF
- Less software complexity, simplifies RF coexistence engineering
- Better interference resiliency
- Scalable IP signal processing core is semiconductor process node independent
- Multi-constellation L5—Beidou, Galileo, GPS, QZSS, GLONASS